The brainstorm Team recommends using Jetpack Premium. The plugin includes features that helps WordPress users run their site. You can add Jetpack Premium for each WordPress site that is on brainstorm.
Setting up Jetpack Premium
Jetpack Premium is added on a per site basis. If you wish t0o add Jetpack Premium, please take the following steps:
- Login to brainstorm at https://brainstorm.co/ .
- Select Settings under the site that will use Jetpack Premium.
- On the site’s Settings panel, you will see a banner that asks you to add Jetpack Premium.
- You will see a request to login for WordPress.com on the next screen. You can login to an existing WordPress.com account, or register a new one. WordPress.com powers Jetpack, so a registered account is required. For access to these features make sure you have an administrator user with the email matching your WordPress.com account on your site here at brainstorm. If you’re not sure you can verify this at https://WordPress.com/me
Please note: You may have already completed this step if you registered with WordPress.com during sign up at brainstorm.
- The next screen asks you to connect your site to WordPress.com. Select Approve. After step 5, Jetpack will begin connecting to your site.
- Lastly you will be taken back to your Site Settings screen. Select OK!
Jetpack Premium is active on your WordPress site. You can repeat the same steps if you want to add Jetpack Premium to another site.
The WordPress.com team will send you an email to verify your account. Make sure to check your email so you can verify your account. The email will look like this:
Jetpack has a ton of great features. Many of these features will be automatically setup. When you login to your WordPress Dashboard, Jetpack will already be active. Check your Jetpack settings under the Jetpack Menu > Settings. The Jetpack Support site has more information on Jetpack’s features. Read here for information on using Jetpack
The anti-spam service, Akismet, will be activate automatically. You will receive an email that includes your Akismet key, but you don’t need to do anything with it. The service is already active. You can read more about Akismet here
The VaultPress plugin will also be working in the background. VaultPress contains the security scanning and backup features. The brainstorm Team strongly recommends making use of VaultPress. Read here for more information on how to use VaultPress.